Have you ever dove into something head first and felt like you couldn’t come up for air for a few days? That’s been my week. There has been so much going on, that I don’t know where to start…
I guess I’ll start by sharing my “Plan”. I began Sunday morning with this:
- Weigh in once a week and log it here. This week I weighed in on Sunday morning at 241.2 lbs.
- Using http://www.myfitnesspal.com I will track my caloric intake daily. Currently they have my goal at 1300 calories a day based on my weight. You are welcome to follow me on the site. My id is MeetVirg. You can see what exercises I log and what my meals were for the day.
- Eat healthy: Lots of vegetables and fruits. Stick with lean free range meats when possible and only eat pasta/rice/bread at lunch. I had a really nice tuna fish sandwich yesterday!
- Drink minimum 64 ounces of water every day.
- NO ALCOHOL/ICE CREAM/PIZZA – Until I get under 200, this is a must.
- Go to Troy Gymnastics on Monday and Wednesday nights for TG F.I.T. Class. Its highly efficient full body conditioning utilizing weights, BOSU, resistant bands, body weight exercises, free weights, stability balls, TRX, medicine balls and more to elevate the heart rate and burn maximum calories in minimum time.
- The other 5 days of the week I will do spinning at LA Fitness.
- Attend an Overeaters Anonymous meeting once a week.
- Keep going to therapy.
- Go to church once a week.
So far, so good. I will say my weak parts of the day are between 2-5pm at work. The afternoon munchies kick in. So I have been bringing fruit to work and drinking lots of water. Downfall = I spend most of the evening running to the bathroom! LOL I also crave munchies in the late evening if I have time to lay down, relax and watch TV. I saw a Sonic hot dog commercial last night and I wanted to lick the screen…
The All-American Dog
390 calories?!?!?! That’s a hearty breakfast! 390 calories for a hot dog with onions, relish, ketchup and mustard on a bun! I hate to think about how many calories were in the foot-long coneys I used to inhale! yeah… I grabbed my water bottle and started chugging!
I did meet the girls out for dinner Monday night and it was very tempting to order a Woodward Avenue Brewery “Big Bowl Salad”, but somehow I couldn’t rationalize getting a salad described as “BIG BOWL” and I knew I’d have no luck even coming close to guessing how many calories were in it. I got a simple side salad, removed the croutons and had a vinaigrette dressing on the side with a dry grilled chicken breast. Guess what? When I was done, I drank a full glass of water and I was FULL!
I was also very busy with a new opportunity that came just at the right time! But I’m going to save those exciting details for another blog! Sorry… patience is a virtue! 😉